11.26.2008

Early Turkey dinner! (and a song!)

We had a "mini-Thanksgiving" meal Tuesday night with Nick and Emily. Em brought sides and dessert and I did turkey and dressing. Let's just say that it was stressful but I am so proud of myself!! I bought a turkey breast instead of the full bird and that probably helped things. But there was seasoning, sauteeing, basting, roasting, and more! And by the way, I do NOT put my stuffing inside the turkey - it really grosses me out! I have Grammy's super-yummy recipe!

At one point, however, I ran into a peculiar situation while trying to cut the onion and celery for the dressing. Inspired by Emily's jingle writing, I decided to write my own to tell you all about it:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(tune: There's a Hole in the Bucket)

The knife is too dull, dear Michael, dear Michael

The knife is too dull, dear Michael, too dull!

So sharpen it, dear Martha, dear Martha, dear Martha
So sharpen it, dear Martha
Dear Martha, sharpen it!

With what shall I sharpen it, dear Michael, dear Michael?
With what shall I sharpen it, dear Michael, sharpen it?

With a knife sharpener dear Martha, dear Martha, dear Martha
With a knife sharpener dear Martha
Dear Martha, a knife sharpener!

But the sharpener is still in the package, dear Michael, dear Michael
But the sharpener is still in the package, dear Michael, in the package!

So open it, dear Martha, dear Martha, dear Martha
So open it, dear Martha
Dear Martha, open it!

With what shall I open it, dear Michael, dear Michael?
With what shall I open it, dear Michael, open it?

With a knife, dear Martha, dear Martha, dear Martha
With a knife, dear Martha
Dear Martha, with a knife!

But the KNIFE IS TOO DULL, dear Michael, dear Michael
The knife is too dull, dear Michael, TOO DULL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sheriously, this would only happen to me! I finally found a pair of scissors (the 3rd pair I tried) that could cut through the packaging on the knife sharpener - and once I got it out of the package, it worked wonderfully!

No comments: