10.12.2008

haircut... sniff, sniff...

Let me begin by saying that I spent a LOT of time writing a really lovely post and then it disappeared! Here is take #2:

There were moments where I wasn't sure if the little man would ever get hair. Baldness is fine, and can even be distinguishing, on older gentlemen. And on little babies - so cute! However, at 14, 15, 16 months, I was doing a lot of worrying over the little man's locks (or lack of).

All my worrying was for nothing, because at 18 months, it started to grow. Sort-of. My little man channeled every popular TV star from the late 80s and started growing a mullet. Yeah, it only grew in the back. You can get a hint of it from this picture (and this was from early August):

And he did NOT get those pretty thick, baby curls that most kids get. Mostly stringy and thin.

So, it was time.

We found King Barber in Richardson and are so happy we did! Mike got his hair cut at the same time and loved it! William, however, was NOT impressed. I'll let these next couple of pictures speak for themselves:




Miss Linda cut his hair and was so patient. Little man kept leaning wayyyy over, almost falling off the little booster seat, like if she couldn't see his face, she couldn't cut his hair. Good try little man! Anyway, he survived! And he even received a certificate to commemorate his rite of passage into toddler-hood.

I tried to get some before/after shots, but I don't think you can really tell from these:


Here is a picture of Miss Linda. She was soooo sweet! And again, little man is trying to hide from her!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I LOVE these pictures...I can't decide whether to laugh or cry! Thanks for posting them!