12.03.2009

here we go again!



I know it's been awhile and that does NOT mean that things have not been crazy. In fact, it has been the norm - not the exception. But this morning in particular, I nearly died!!

We were all packed in the car (William, Ryan, diaper bag, backpack, lunch box, and me!), the temperature hovering around 35 degrees (I live in Texas for crying out loud! this is not normal!), ready to pull out and take Will to school this morning when William pipes up from the back seat in his most calm voice, "Mommy, I want to talk to you for a minute."

I had a millisecond thought that my almost-three-year-old-crazy-child had been replaced by a mature, sophisticated adult adult. Then I turned around and saw him sitting there in his fleece hat with ear flaps and snapped back to reality. I politely replied, "What did you want to talk about honey", honestly expecting him to lead off with, "I've decided to pursue my interest in international affairs". Instead, I got...

... "About when I go poo-poo in my diaper."

ah, yes. that's more like it! I said, "What did you want to say about that?" He stayed quiet for a second or two and our conversation digressed to the topic of using the potty instead of diapers, etc,etc. (yes! we are still potty training! any hints?!)


but seriously! "Mommy, I want to talk to you for a minute." Who's kid is this?!

No comments: