7.10.2010

swimmin’ lessons

Well, W took swim lessons.

And when I say “swim” lessons, I really mean “learn-to-like-the-water-and-not-freak-out-when-you-get-water-in-your-eyes” lessons.

He told me, “Mommy! I know how to swim now!”.
I thought, “Um, sure. Let’s not sign up for the Olympics quite yet.”
I said, “Of course you do! Good for you, honey!”

Here he is waiting for the lessons:

W1 W2
W3
W4

He is actually floating on his back! His teacher, Abbey, said that she wasn’t supporting him but if he felt her hands move away he would freak out.
W5 

Too cool for swim lessons. Notice that no part of his face/head is actually wet.
W6 

W7

He got his face wet – accidentally, of course!
W8 

W10

W and his sweet teacher, Abbey (seriously, so patient!)
W9

Might sign up for another session at the end of the summer. We’ll see. Watch out, Michael Phelps – he might just put his face in the water all by himself next time!

No comments: