8.21.2008

project!!

ok, so let me begin by saying that this was NOT my original idea, but I am not above borrowing a good idea. here is my source of knowledge for this one:

with that said, I am super-proud of myself! I haven't decided if these are going to go here in the house or in my new office/cubicle, but at least they are finished and ready to be hung wherever I decide!

I started with a 12"x36"x7/8" piece of styrofoam and cut it into 3 pieces so had three 12"x12"x7/8" pieces.
Then I wrapped the edges with grosgrain ribbon (used Alene's tacky glue)




then I chose three different pieces of 12"x12" scrapbook paper. I actually bought one of those large pads so they are all pretty different yet somewhat coordinated...



then I glued (again, used Alene's tacky glue)a piece of paper on each piece of styrofoam



so it still needed a little something and I am recently intrigued by silhouettes. I did NOT want to trace, cut, etc. anything intricate, so I just bought some of those cheapy little wooden pieces at Michael's (literally 25 cents each). I painted them black so they would look like silhouettes. (and yes, I am painting on an orange file folder. it gave me pleasure to mess it up so I could throw it away and spare the other pretty colors the same fate)



finally, glued the birdies onto the boards and voila! instant wall panels!





the only thing I would do differently would be to use Modge Podge to adhere the paper. the tacky glue sort of bubbled under the paper and I had to stack them under some books for a bit to get the wrinkles out.

I'll post another picture soon when I decide where the are going to live.

No comments: